Monday, August 17, 2009

The Beacon Article 8/4/09

The Deacons Corner

Have you ever heard a song you just couldn’t get out of your head? What about all of those silly jingles or TV theme shows?
Usually the first song I hear in the morning stays with me all day long. So I try to listen to something that reminds me of God.
When my children were younger 6:15 a.m. you would hear them at the top of their lungs. No not singing but complaining “Momma make him shut-up”. I just love to sing in the shower. Well my singing could have been considered “noise” I guess. I mentioned how I like to sing in the shower to my neighbor one time and she replied “I know!!” She had heard me too. I wonder if she was saying “Make him shut-up” Then Beth my oldest daughter reminded me of Proverbs 27:14 (NKJV)

14 He who blesses his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning,
It will be counted a curse to him.
Needless to say that stopped me from singing in the shower. I still sing though, in the morning, evening and sometimes walking around at church or work. I think music is a gift from God so
3 ………………..I, will sing unto the LORD; I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel. Judges 5:3 (KJV)




He keeps me singing

With The Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
Psalm 26:1

No comments:

Post a Comment