Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Beacon Article 4/22/09




6:30 a.m. Sunday morning I was watching the rain come down so hard it looked as white sheets. The T word came to mind. I have been in two Tornados.
When I was five the house we lived in was completely torn down around us, devastated by a Tornado. Then again when I was a sophomore in high school one hit our neighbor’s house. The roof of that beautiful antebellum home was peeled back much like the lid on a can of sardines. Yet both times the sun came out and hope came out of the despair of the storm.

You see life can be hard dark and foreboding much like a storm at times.
Randy Travis even sings a song about “The Storms of Life”. Casting Crowns also sings about a storm. The title of their song says it all.
“I’ll Praise You in the Storm”. It speaks of our hope and comfort in Christ.
The sun shinning in the stained glass windows Sunday morning reminded me of that hope. You see if you belong to Christ. He calms the storm. If you are suffering from the storms of life be still and let the peace of Christ shine through you. Praise him even in your storm. I believe you will get a blessing from the praise. Look for the SON.




Deuteronomy 31:6
Deacon Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment