Monday, August 17, 2009

The Beacon Article 8/19/09


The Deacons Corner

Vacation time is almost over. Once my family was going on vacation to visit my uncle Jimmy Carter (yes that is his real name). We left Kentucky for Searcy, Arkansas after my dad wrote down instructions from my Uncle Cecil. My uncle told my dad to go to Nashville, TN and get on I40 then take whatever exit we needed to go to Searcy. My brother and I immediately started telling Dad he was going the wrong way when he took Interstate 40. Dad finally listened to us and looked at the atlas when we reached Knoxville, TN, I think a little off of our path. Yes, 180 miles in the wrong direction.
You see, my father would not acknowledge that my brother and I could be right or trust that we could read a map. He didn’t have to listen to us. We were just two teenage boys. You see, his pride got in his way.
Sometimes in life we may take the wrong path. If you are Christ’s, it can happen because of your own pride or trusting in your own capabilities. Just take your eyes off of the Father and you may take a wrong turn on the path.
As it says in Proverbs 3:5-7
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; ………………….(NKJV).
So how’s your map reading skills? I hope you had a great vacation.








With The Love of Christ,
Deacon Dan
Psalm 26:1

No comments:

Post a Comment