Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Beacon Article 6/17/09


The Deacons Corner

Not so long ago my “girls” were in the Mississippi Baptist All-State Youth Choir and Orchestra. I would have liked to have heard the choir Sunday at “my church” but I was out of town. Thank you all for your prayers and calls. Mrs. Hollen Fortner wasn’t only Charlotte’s aunt, but she was our sister in Christ. Even though we were saddened by her passing, we celebrated her release from the pain and suffering of the flesh. The day’s events ended with Charlotte and I attending church in Houston, MS to see the choir. My, how things have changed.
I understand our youth minister preached his best sermon yet. This past Sunday has reminded me how quickly change can take place. I have watched Todd grow up, date, get married, and become a father. Change, it always happens. All in God’s Time.
As it says in Ecclesiastes 3: 1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Our church is changing, too. You see, God is renewing our church and sending our people to the uttermost, wherever that may be.
I pray that God blesses Todd, Jenny, and Evie immensely.
Be In prayer for Todd and Jenny and our church.




With The Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment