Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Beacon Article 5/3/09


OK first off I am not a writer. I am of all things an X-ray technologist who specialized in Computed Tomography. And if I can claim to know anything it would be C. T. (CAT scanning). I really don’t know where my previous articles have come from (except GOD has blessed them).

Sunday was a great day. With all the blessings that I could write an article on, (you’re not going to believe this) I am writing on a movie / book Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Remember the story line? The mild mannered gentlemanly Dr. Jekyll creates a potion that lets his primeval ego escape. In this state Mr. Hyde effectively commits mortal sins: physically abusing his illicit lover, (which he would not even have had as mild mannered Dr. Jekyll) and murder. Dr. Jekyll tries to rid himself of Mr. Hyde but begins changing on his own without the potion. I guess you could say the potion could be liquor that has the same kind of devastating effects on people. (NOT MY POINT). Point is, we all have a Mr. Hyde inside. You see it’s a nature we inherited from Adam & Eve. We call it sin. You see John 3:19 says ………………… that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
I know good people, but left to their own nature they probably would not be good for long. What could you do if no one would see you and there were no consequences to your actions? I shudder to think how I would be if Christ had not entered my life in 1979. Jesus has put forgiveness, love, patience, and most of all peace in my heart. You see, what Dr. Jekyll really needed was a heart doctor. No not Dr. Wiener, Purdon or someone else in the medical profession. But the REAL heart doctor that heals all things, JESUS CHRIST. What we need is to look into our own heart and reflect on what we see. Do you see a Dr. Jekyll a Mr. Hyde or do you see Jesus?
Let’s all have a heart check-up.
In Christ’s Love



Deacon Dan
Deut. 31:6
[John 1:4, 9–11]

No comments:

Post a Comment