Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Beacon Article 8/26/09

The Deacons Corner

School has started back. The choir has started working on Christmas music. Everyone seems to be preparing for fall. I still have to do some work around the house before winter (so my pipes won’t freeze this year). Have you ever thought about how we make plans? Birthday parties, weddings, school, careers, and life in general just to name a few.
As shown in Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT):
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord.
“They are plans for good and not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope.
God already has our lives planned. Now it’s up to us to listen and follow God’s plan. How many times do you plan something only to find that you are stressed or don’t have time or money to finish your plans? I have projects at home I plan to do.
If I finish all of them, I will have to live to be one hundred and fifty years old. When we plan, it sometimes seems like we disregard everything else. James 4:13-17 (NKJV) says:
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”;
14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.”

16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
I have often wondered am I stressed about my plans because "are they my plans or are they God’s." I have asked God about some plans for my life (and Charlotte’s). Within His time I will know His Plan for our lives. How about you? What are you planning? Have you consulted the greatest Travel Agent ever?
See you Sunday if the Lord wills it.




With The Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
Psalm 100:5

No comments:

Post a Comment