Monday, August 17, 2009

The Beacon Article 8/12/09

The Deacons Corner

If you saw my sister, you might think we are twins. When we were twelve, people often asked us if we were twins. I would say “No, I am twelve, my birthday is in July.” and she would state her birthday was in March and that she was twelve also. We liked to confuse people. Patty (my sister) was actually like a sixth cousin twice removed or something. We did look alike then. Patty came to live with us at about age eleven.
Brad Paisley sings about adoption in a song titled “He Didn’t Have to Be”. It tells of a story of a stepdad that adopted a little boy. The chorus sings he didn’t have to be. My son-in-law has taken my granddaughter as his to raise and to be her father. “He didn’t have to be, but he did and I praise God he did. Do you realize if you are a Christian you have been adopted? He didn’t have to be either but He chose to.
Romans 8:15 (NKJV) says:
15 …………………………, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

We are all brothers and sisters in Christ because as it says in Romans 8:16 (NKJV) 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

When was the last time you had a heart to heart talk with Dad? He’s waiting.



With The Brotherly Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
Psalms 26:1

No comments:

Post a Comment