Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Beacon Article 3/8/2009


The wind this past weekend has cause me to use the cliche “In like a lion out like a lamb”. I like the wind, to feel it blow through my hair and on my arms. I like it brisk but not too hard.
You see I like to fly kites. Have you ever noticed a child flying a kite?
They run and run and rarely give up. You see they have faith that the kite will fly. What they sometimes don’t understand is the kite has to have a breeze, a tail and a bow in its body. Yet they will run until they can’t any more. They have faith. As the kite catches a breeze and rises you can see the joy in their face and sometimes hear laughter. Yet too strong a wind and the kite may get driven into the ground too slight a breeze and flight does not continue.
Jesus to me is the steady firm breeze providing the power and lift, The Holy Spirit the tail providing constant direction. The bow of the body is past trials and lesson of God that I have learned shoring up my life as the bow does for the kite.

You see I like kite flying because it reminds me of my walk with the Lord. I need to be still and wait on the small steady breeze of the Lords voice. Yet during the strong winds of life I try to force my kite to fly on my own only to see it crash to the ground. Then I am soon elated because the Lord provides a steady firm breeze to help make it fly again.

Yes I like the wind and if you tell me to go fly a kite I just may. It’s just a great way to reflect. May The Steady Firm Breeze lift you today just have faith as a child.

Deacon Dan
Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment