Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Beacon Article 7/22/09

The Deacons Corner

Golf balls, a boy picking up golf balls for cash. The day would get me maybe $10.00. It was a lot of money in that day. I loved my father. He loved golf. I could have cared less about the money, I just wanted to be with my father. I used to caddy, too, even though it was a difficult job for a twelve-year-old.

Little did I know I was learning valuable lessons: how good, honest work gives you a satisfaction in your heart and how others respected you when you would do a job well.

I also learned that working as agreed with a good attitude would benefit you in the future, how honesty and a good work ethic were the basis of happiness in a career. No, I didn’t realize it then. Nor did my father get to hear me tell him thanks for those lessons. God shows me almost daily the blessing of good parents and a good work ethic.

Proverbs 14:23 (NKJV)
23 In all labor there is profit,
But idle chatter leads only to poverty.

1 Thessalonians 4:11 (NKJV)
11 that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, ………………….


With The Love of Christ,
Deacon Dan
Proverbs 19:11

No comments:

Post a Comment