Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Beacon Article 3_3_10



The Deacons Corner
A young strapping boy of 15 looking to impress the young ladies waded deeper and deeper from the shore of the beach.
He didn’t want them to know some things about him. One secret was that he couldn’t really swim. At 6’ 2” he thought they would think he was swimming if he just waded far enough from the shore. As he tried to impress the teenage girls at the beach, he didn’t want them to find out that his mother was on the beach, too.
Just about three minutes into the water, he heard a bloodcurdling scream that unnerved him. He became so embarrassed and ashamed when his mother yelled, “Charles Daniel Sandlin, come back here, YOU CAN’T SWIM!” that he insisted on leaving the beach.
You see, I was ashamed that I couldn’t swim and as a young “man” my mother came to the beach with me. Not too impressive for young teenage girls.
What are you ashamed of? I am ashamed of many things that I did before I met Christ, yet they are all forgiven now.
All my shame is under the blood that Christ shed for us on the cross.
Paul tells us in 2 Timothy 1:8
8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but
share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,
I pray that you feel the freedom to tell others of what Christ has done for you.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16 (KJV)


With The Love of Christ,
Deacon Dan
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment