Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Beacon Article 2/24/10


The Deacons Corner

Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog used to be a favorite song of mine. Three Dog Night sang that song passionately. I wanted to sing that song in a talent contest at the county fair. My mother said I could if I would sing it to my Papaw (Willie Carter). Papaw had only been home from a Nashville hospital after his third heart attack for a day or two. I didn’t know it then but within a month I wouldn’t be able to sing to my grandfather. You see I have learned since those days that Jeremiah was a prophet, a prophet of the most high. I sing a new song nowadays. It says in Psalm 33:1-3 (NKJV)
1 Rejoice in the LORD, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful.
2 Praise the LORD with the harp;
Make melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings.
3 Sing to Him a new song;
Play skillfully with a shout of joy.
I will sing praise unto our Lord. I hope you enjoyed The Two Tenors this past Sunday night. Talking about singing a new song WOW!


With The Love of Christ,
Deacon Dan
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment