Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Beacon Article 2/10/2010


I gave in I finally got an old mans chair (a recliner).
It seems like the older I get the faster time passes. Maybe it's just that I can't keep up with the pace like I used to. There is more work to do now, and less time to do it in. This is not new I just thought I would be able to slow down once my children were grown. I am not complaining.
God has blessed me immensely and I am thankful to be able to work. I am just trying to convey my experience on aging. It also seems that most things I thought were major issues and concerns for me in my twentys are so trivial now. My perspective has changed. All the time I struggled to bank and save time to enjoy with my children later just disappeared. My children grew up way too fast.
Older men and women would look at my young children with a strange admiration.
I now find myself doing that, understanding that the older people of my youth was remembering special moments in their youthful parenthood days. Maybe they would see one of my daughters do something that reminded them of heir own children. I do that more now. I have slowly learned that yes God is in control and I can turn over to Jesus all my problems just as He promised in:
Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Do you rest well? I think I'll sit back in my chair now and enjoy the rest Jesus gave me a long time ago.

With the love of Christ
Deacon Dan
John 3:30



No comments:

Post a Comment