Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Deacons Corner 3/15/10


Working in the medical field I see people in pain everyday. It reminds me of how much pain this world has in it. There is pain that comes from injuries we suffer. A broken arm maybe from a fall, a hurt back from lifting improperly or maybe pain from a burn while cooking. Yes there is much pain in this world.
I remember visiting with our former interim pastor Dr. Stan May to a lady's home. She felt pain. Her pain was not physical though. It was more of mental pain some real pain some perceived pain. Mostly her pain came from life choices she had made in the past. Family members had deserted her, she was divorced . Her pain was so great I felt as if it slithered onto me by the time we left. Dr. May had a message of Hope for her. He didn't hesitate to share the love of Christ and God. She felt even God had turned His back on her.
So many people become depressed and believe that God has turned His back on them. Even Jesus experienced this type of despair in Mark 15:34 we read And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” which is translated, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” As Jesus took our sin on himself He seemed all alone. But the good news is we don't have to be. Jesus said in Matthew 28:20 ...................and, Lo I am with you Always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

May you know the Love of Jesus Christ

With the Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment