Sunday, March 21, 2010

Article 53 The Deacons Corner

The three amigos for a medical company on the way to The Cleveland Clinic. Myself, Paul Rigoni and Mike Bonfig We all worked in CT for this company. I was grateful to be with two of the smartest people at the company. The one thing we had in common other than CT was a sharp sense of humor. As Mike drove our discussions would vary. Sometimes it would be just laughter as we would pull pranks on each other.

I saw a tree in full bloom just like one I have in my back yard. I called it by the name I had been told it was a "Tulip Tree". Miked and Paul just rolled with laughter. Paul said it was a Japanese magnolia.
You see being the only southern person in our group I was always hit with southern jokes. All in good fun. I learned a valuable lesson that day.
When I got back to the hotel my research began. I surfed the web. When I got home I looked in my encyclopedias. I was right, the trees common name was a Tulip tree because the bloom looked like a tulip. Paul was right because it was a Japanese magnolia. Every time I see the blooms on a "Tulip tree" I think of my friends. I miss working with them. I am also reminded we should "test" our knowledge and seek out the truth in Gods word that we are given by others. We find in 1 Thessalonians 5:21:
21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

I have many good memories of my days at that company. I'll hold fast onto them and God's Word



With the Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment