Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Beacon Article 1/13/2010

Theft is a particular problem here in Clarksdale. I have had five bicycles, an electric chain saw, a tree trimmer, and other small garden tools stolen.
Nationally on a scale of one (lowest) to ten (highest) the crime rate nationwide is on average a three.
Here in our city the crime rate is two times higher than the national average among these crimes {crimes against property (theft, vandalism, and breaking and entering)}. I don’t mean to complain or be negative about our city I am just stating the facts.
The words for a thief appear approximately forty-eight times in the bible. Proverbs 29:24 (KJV) says:
24 Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and bewrayeth it not.
This article is not meant to offend but God had placed it on my heart a while back and I just can’t put it off any longer. You see sometimes truth hurts and while I was studying some verses in Malachi he impressed upon me to write this article.
You see Malachi 3:8-10 says:
8 “Will a man rob God?
Yet you have robbed Me!
But you say,
‘In what way have we robbed You?’
In tithes and offerings.
9 You are cursed with a curse,
For you have robbed Me………….,

I pray you don’t have a problem with theft of any type. God tells us to
try Him in tithes and offerings and He will:
10……………….. pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.
May you receive blessing immensely.





With the Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
John 3:30



No comments:

Post a Comment