Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Beacon Article 11/18/09


Mary had a little Lamb whose fleece was white as snow. Do you remember that nursery rhyme? I didn’t like it. But this Thanksgiving season it has come to mind again. You see, the author of that rhyme was Sarah Josepha Hale. Ms. Hale was also a very influential magazine editor. She launched a successful campaign in the mid 19th century to make Thanksgiving Day a national holiday. Even though Mary had a little lamb, I am not as thankful for it as I am for the One that God sent to the cross for us.
In John 1:29 John the Baptist said as Jesus approached him, 29 …... “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
God has blessed me beyond measure, starting with my salvation. He took away my sin. November 15, 2009 has been a great day. I did not or do not deserve the role God has for me here at Clarksdale Baptist Church, but nevertheless God has granted me the blessing of sharing in Tyler Ferrington’s joy of his baptism. I praise God for that. Please remember to pray for Tyler as he follows the Lamb of God. You see, that Lamb has given Tyler eternal life. He will you give you eternal life and take away your sin, too, if you just ask. Jesus is the Lamb of Life.





With The Love of Christ,
Deacon Dan
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment