Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Beacon Article 11/11/09

I awoke rather abruptly from a dream that unnerved me. I was only in the seventh grade and yet I was dreaming of a wedding. I didn’t understand. I didn’t want to think of marriage for years. I pushed the dream out of my mind. Years went by; there were several new places I would reside before I thought of that dream again.
It was a busy day in the radiology department at Oxford Lafayette County Hospital. My brother asked me if I saw the new employee that had just started, but I hadn’t. Then it happened. I met her. Immediately a dream came to mind. I had seen this girl before. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eyes on. ( OK guys you know how it feels sweaty palms, your heart skips a beat, and oh yes the butterfly’s in the stomach). I had fallen for this beauty. I made excuses just to go to her office. I told her then I loved her. She said “you’re crazy you don’t even know me” I said” I will”. That was thirty years ago this past August. I still don’t “know” her. But she is my sister in Christ, my friend and the love of my life (take that E-Harmony). You see God had a plan to bless my life.

In Proverbs 18:22 it says:

22:He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the LORD.

The Song of Solomon 4:9-10

9: You have ravished my heart, My sister, my spouse;

You have ravished my heart

With one look of your eyes, With one link of your necklace.

10 How fair is your love, My sister, my spouse!

How much better than wine is your love,

And the scent of your perfumes

Than all spices!
explains how I feel about my wife Charlotte ( my first & only).

Yes the Lord has favored me many times. One thing I am so thankful for this Thanksgiving season (besides my salvation) is my wife. As for the dream what can I say my name is Daniel.
May you find God’s favor and find a good thing.


Love in Christ
Deacon Dan
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment