Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Beacon Article 10/21/09



Willie Carter, don’t recognize the name do you? Randy Travis sings a song that sums up Mr. Carter to me, the title of the song is “I Thought He Walked on Water”. In the song Randy alludes to Jesus walking on water when Peter stepped out of the boat and came to him. Randy compares a grandfather figure to Jesus.

I think of my grandfather every time I hear that song. How I wish you could meet him and some of you will someday (oh! by the way Mr. Willie Carter is my grandfather and my grandson is named after him). I saw Jesus in my grandfather. Why, you may ask? He loved me unconditionally. He served the Father and you could see the love of Christ in him. He loved people. Papaw also had integrity. Webster’s says integrity is 1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral values. You could ask anyone about Mr. Carter. He was a good and Godly man, a moral man.
My grandfather was like a modern day Job, as we read in Job 4:6 Is not your reverence your confidence? And the integrity of your ways your hope? My grandfather left a legacy. I hope to leave a legacy like that for my grandchildren. My prayer is found in Psalms 7:8 The Lord shall judge the peoples; Judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, And according to my integrity within me.
Where does your hope lay?





With The Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment