Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Beacon Article 10_14_09


The Deacons Corner

The green-eyed monster, the evil eye and jaundiced eye; no matter what you call it, jealousy is just an ugly attitude.
I am a hugger. I can’t help it, that’s just how I am. I have always been that way. I told Charlotte before we married that I hugged people. I don’t mean to be offensive, I just hug. We both agreed not to be jealous of each other. I can say God has blessed our marriage in that way.
We have a trust that supersedes jealousy.
We are asked in Proverbs 27:4 Wrath is cruel and anger a torrent,
But who is able to stand before jealousy?
Jealousy (or in other words covetousness) is not limited to just personal relationships. It shows up sometimes as a negative attitude when a co-worker gets a promotion you wanted. It may come when you have to work and everyone else gets the holiday off. It may even come when you don’t get a certain part or song in a program.
We are told in Jeremiah 6:13 Because from the least of them even to the greatest of them, Everyone is given to covetousness;……….
Let’s hide in our hearts this prayer from Psalm 119:35-37

35: Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it.
36: Incline my heart to Your testimonies, And not to covetousness.
37: Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, And revive me in Your ways.


With The Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment