Monday, September 7, 2009

The Beacon Article 9_9_09

The Deacons Corner

It was an early morning flight. My hectic job once again was taking me away from home. I did not want to talk to anyone. My plans were to sleep most of the flight. When I reached my seat it was next to a young lady and her five year old son. I said hello and laid my head back. Shortly after takeoff something impressed upon me to talk to her. I sat up and noticed she had tears streaming down her cheeks. In our discussion, I learned her father had just had a hemorrhage in the brain. The doctors did not expect him to live. The family had been called. Two years earlier I had the same type experience with my mother. The lady began telling me her story. I listened and then we prayed. I have often wondered why I was there. You see the company I worked for had plans. God used them for me to minister to that lady.
Are you in the midst of a trial? Is there a situation you had rather not be experiencing? Maybe God has a plan to use it. Ester’s uncle Mordecai explains in Esther 4:14 (NKJV)
14 ………………Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
Are you in a leadership role, job or situation you’re frustrated with and you don’t understand why you’re there? Maybe God plans to use your life experiences in a ministering way.
See you Sunday.







With The Love of Christ
Deacon Dan
Deuteronomy 31:6

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for pointing us to your blog! I'm excited that you stepped up to fill the spot Bro Edd left in the newsletter and decided to post it here. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your posts!

    ReplyDelete