Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Beacon Article 12_9_09


It was a warm spring day. The sun was warm on my shoulders and it was almost noon as we walked home. I was holding the hand of a beautiful woman. The first woman I ever loved. My mother’s hand always had a cool, soothing touch. We only lived a few blocks from the school where I was enrolled in kindergarten. As we passed the big church on the corner it happened: the playing of the noon bells. I don’t remember the tune. This past Sunday night’s service reminded me of that time in my life. Hearing the bells at our church, I always go back to that time. What a great memory. I pray this Christmas season’s sights and sounds bring back special memories for you. My mother has been in glory for about fifteen years now. But one day we will celebrate Christmas together again. It will be better than ever because Jesus will be there.
You see, that great night the shepherds saw and heard
10 …the angel say to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people
(Luke 2:10 NKJV).
You see, I have great Joy in Christ. I hold firm to His gift of eternal life. It gives me a peace in this life. I pray that you experience the Great Joy and Peace this Christmas that the Angels sang about that blessed night in Luke 2:14 (NKJV)
14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”

Let’s keep Christ in Christmas this year
Merry Christmas

With The Love of Christ,
Deacon Dan
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment