Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Let's Grow UP

As I get older I am amazed at how many older Christians have held onto childish attitudes. I have seen people that I had greatly admired for their service to the Lord fall in the area of forgiveness & love. At times the scenario this fall was over may of been very inconsequential at other times very valid.

What has amazed me is sometimes they freely give up a position serving the Lord because they didn't get their own way or they wallow in the anger and bitterness for a very long time. They do this to the point it destroys all the good they have done. I try hard not to question their salvation but it is difficult not to. Seeing someone you've watched for 20 or so years serving the Lord well, sin in this manner is very disheartening.

In 1 Corinthians 13:11 it says "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. "

We are called to Love each other in 1 John 4:20-21 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

LET's put away childish things and GROW UP.

1 comment: